I have committed what I’m sure is a Twitter blogger faux pas. I was nominated for the Sunshine blogger award, last month, and I’m just getting around to this now! Sorry! But I was nominated by the lovely Hannah and you can check her out here. This girl is a sweetheart who has no problem reaching out to lift someone up, even if she’s not having a good day herself. We need more people like her.
- Thank blogger who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asks you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Hannah’s questions, my answers.
- When did you start your blog and why did you start it?
Wow. I had to look! I started my blog back in March of 2016. The previous winter, I had gotten a couple new diagnoses that sent me into the worst depressive episode I’d ever seen, and it changed me. I knew that I had to start working hard to overcome all the crap I deal with, because if I didn’t, it was too easy to imagine the future without me in it. The blog was meant to be therapy.
- Do your friends and family know you blog?
Yep! It was a bit weird at first, but then I decided to create a Facebook page for my blog, so family and friends could decide for themselves whether they wanted to see my content or not. I was nervous at first but it’s been an eye opening experience and I’m glad to have started a conversation with some of those people.
- What is your favorite animal?
Oh gosh I think I have a different answer every time. Right now I’m just gonna say dogs cuz my dog is my buddy and I love him.
- Have you got a bucket list? If so name 3 things on your bucket list!
I have! I want to visit Ireland, have a full spinal fusion and stand up straight(ish), and I want to eventually go to New York Comic Con. Random examples but I’ve got a ton more.
- Which post on your blog are you most proud of?
The Sensory Hangover. It’s been shared thousands of times and has gotten people talking and understanding their children, and even themselves, a lot more. I never thought it would get so much attention but I’m glad it’s made an impact.
- Is there a meaning to the name of your blog?
One year in my MOPS group, we named our tables silly things. My table was the hot mess mamas. It stuck in my head I guess, and between mental illness, scoliosis and PMDD I figured, well, I AM a hot mess… Why not.
- What would you like to achieve by the end of the year?
My only goal is to make more connections because the world of bloggers is pretty amazing. There are some awesome people out there and I’d like to keep the conversation going about mental health, disability, special needs kids, parenting, all that.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Doing pretty much the same thing, but with a garden and chickens and more school activities. Hopefully with a better handle on my health so life isn’t so overwhelming.
- What is your dream job?
To work with wildlife in some way. I don’t even know what, but when it comes down to it, animals soothe my soul and I’d love to be surrounded by them all day.
- What makes you happy when having a bad day?
A good drink and a good snuggle. And yeah I meant snuggle as in the innocent kind of snuggles!
- What is your favorite time of the year?
Spring. I love watching flowers bloom, and trees burst into life again. I love seeing animals at their best and having babies and the beauty of it all is just breathtaking.
- What made you start blogging?
- What has your most proud moment been so far?
- What’s your number one blogging goal for 2018?
- How have your friends and family responded to your blog?
- If you could explain one thing that people may misunderstand about yourself or your writing, what would that be?
- If you could be a guest on any TV show, which one would it be?
- What are your favorite things to watch?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What is your Hogwarts/Ilvermorny house?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
- If you could change one thing with the world, what would it be?
And I nominate…
I’ve picked you lovely people because you have under 2,000 followers and I liked your blog enough to give you a boost! Even though most(all?) of you are definitely more popular and in control of things than I am! If you’ve been nominated before don’t feel bad about ignoring this but do take it as a compliment.